Escape the shops, wrap up warm, enjoy the Christmassy scent of pine trees, and get into the festive spirit this year in England’s national woods and forests. Source: Timberbiz
As experts in trees Santa has given Forestry Commission England Christmas trees his 100% stamp of approval and has sent his top elves into our forests to seek an amazing real Christmas tree for his home.
From the end of November you can join the elves on their quest to find Santa’s perfect tree and take part in our Christmas tree trail.
Located at 15 Forestry Commission sites across England the trail has lots of fun Christmas activities for the family to enjoy – from building mini homes for the elves to making natural decorations for your tree when you get home.
Real Christmas trees are available directly from our forests at 17 sites across England.
All trees come with a free sapling and a 100% Santa Approved certificate, which includes some fun activities for all to enjoy.
There is also so much more to offer than just buying a tree.
Many of our sales centres offer a whole Christmas experience including a Santa’s grotto and a whole range of activities for both little and big kids to get into the festive spirit including:
- Taking a picture with Santa and his elves in one of the festive selfie scenes
- The annual Enchanted Christmas illuminated tree trail display at The National Arboretum at Westonbirt, Gloucestershire from 25th November
- Stick Man Activity Trails in the Midlands and North England
- Yuletide carolling in Haldon Forest, Devon on 14th December
- Festive storytellers at Delamere Forest, Cheshire
For more information about all the festive fun on offer this Christmas visit: www.forestry.gov.uk/christmas.
And if you’re looking for a more unusual Christmas present this year, give the gift of the Forest with a Discovery Pass annual membership or how about some concert tickets from our ‘live music in unique locations’.