- The monthly sawn softwood imports have hit a new record in January 2018 – 71,319m3.
- 40% – loans for alterations and additions to existing homes rose over 2017, increasing building activity into 2018.
- $462.9 million – the value of Builders’ Joinery imports for the year-ended January, up 13.6% on a year earlier. Includes LVL, I-Beams, Windows, Doors and some flooring.
- $362.65/m3 – average price of imports of sawn softwood from Estonia in January 2018, on a free-on-board basis. Import prices continue to rise, but slowly relative to import volumes.
- 260,313 m3 – softwood log exports declined sharply in January 2018, consistent with expectations, but at a sharper pace than anticipated.
Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products and services.
Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au