Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- USD0.7090 – Australian dollar was at its lowest exchange rate in more than two years on 9th October – good for exports, tough for imports, bad for overseas holidaymakers
- $1.326 billion – the value of Australia’s woodchip exports over the year-ended July 2018, measured on a free-on-board basis
- 132,322 m3 – imports of particleboard rose 29.8% over the year-ended July, while the average price fell 24.5% over the same period
- 4.5% – approvals of free-standing houses rose to 121,745 dwellings, accounting for 53.2% of total dwelling approvals
- 97,043 m3 – imports of sawn softwood products in July were at record levels, filling the domestic production capacity gap.