Opportunities for Southern Tasmania – a private forestry forum for landowners, foresters, processors and land-use managers will be held at the Royal Hobart Showground, Glenorchy on 8 August. Source: Timberbiz
The forum, from 6-9.30pm, will be addressed by keynote speaker Guy Barnett, Minister for Resources, Minister for Building and Construction.
The function will be chaired by Dr Martin Moroni, Manager Business Development, Private Forests Tasmania, and will feature two panel sessions.
The first expert panel members will discuss recent and future forestry market development in Southern Tasmania including timber marketing developments, resource availability, new market entrants and potential wood applications.
• Jason Bolch, SFM Environmental Management
• Heath Blair & Danny Peet, Reliance Forest Fibre
• James Neville-Smith, Southwood Fibre Pty Ltd
• Allen Wong, Wood Based Products
• Penny Wells, CEO Private Forests Tasmania
The second expert panel members will discuss the financial benefits of planting trees in agricultural landscapes, including Improvements in farm income and value from well-planned agroforestry; and earn carbon credits with plantation management.
• Dr Martin Moroni, Private Forests Tasmania
• Vivek Dugar and Simon Penfold, WeAct Pty Ltd (Carbon project developers and aggregators)
• James Bulinski, CO2 Australia Limited (Carbon project developers)
RSVP and prior payment essential by 3 August to Tracey 03 6477 7389 or email email@example.com