South Australia’s forest and forest products sector is set to benefit from a new Forest Industry Advisory Council that will help drive the industry forward. Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development Tim Whetstone said he was thrilled to be delivering on this election commitment, which will bring together key industry stakeholders to provide advice to the State Government on further developing the forestry sector. Source: Timberbiz
“This initiative aims to strengthen communication between government and industry, allowing stakeholders to discuss strategic policy issues and work towards common objectives,” said Minister Whetstone.
“The Forestry Industry Advisory Council of South Australia will play an important role in identifying how industry and government can create the right environment for business to thrive.
“The Council – to be chaired by Wendy Fennell of Fennell Forestry – comprises captains of industry who will help drive our development agenda.
“Eleven representatives have been appointed, each bringing a very high level of industry knowledge and commercial responsibility.
“Through the Council we will maintain a strong working relationship with the Australian Forest Products Association and other industry stakeholders.
“This is an important step in achieving the industry target of doubling the economic value of the forest manufacturing industry by 2050.
“The Council will also advise on other industry initiatives including the opportunities and impediments for expansion of the State’s plantation estate, and a sustainable and safe forestry and forest products industry sector.”
Forest Industry Advisory Council Members
- Wendy Fennell (Chair), Managing Director, Fennell Forestry
- Mark Rogers, Managing Director, New Forests
- Laurie Hein, Managing Director, Green Triangle Forest Products
- Jill Stone, Three Streams Farm and Farm Forestry expert
- Ian McDonnell, Managing Director, NF McDonnell and Sons
- Linda Sewell, Chief Executive Officer, OneFortyOne Plantations Pty Ltd
- Ian Tyson, Chief Executive Officer, Timberlink Australia Ltd
- Tammy Auld, Woodflow Manager, Timberlands Pacific
- Martin Crevatin, National Operations Manager, PF Olsen Australia
- Peter Badenoch, Managing Director, Plantation Treated Timber
- Emma Daly, Executive Manager, Van Schaiks Bio Gro