The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) has approved the Case for Endorsement for the updated and revised units of competency, along with a Companion Volume Implementation Guide. Source: Timberbiz
The revised units will be released on to training.gov.au by the end of 2017, contained within the FWP Forest and Wood Products Training Package.
Once published on training.gov.au, the units will be available for use by registered training organisations (RTOs).
Units in this project were reviewed and developed in line with current forest harvesting optimisation technology and the impact on utilisation processes. This process was led by the Forest Management and Harvesting Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and guided by an industry based Technical Advisory Committee.
Two new units were developed:
FWPHAR3223 Use on-board computer systems for single grip harvester
FWPHAR3222 Use on-board computer systems for forwarder
The following units were updated:
- FWPHAR3226 Operate feller buncher
- FWPHAR3229 Operate single grip harvester
- FWPHAR3227 Operate forwarder
- FWPHAR3224 Operate crawler tractor
- FWPHAR3230 Operate skidder
- FWPHAR3231 Operate yarder
- FWPHAR3225 Operate excavator with log grapple
- FWPHAR3228 Operate loader
- FWPCOT2224 Segregate and sort logs
- FWPCOT3270 Grade and mark logs
- FWPHAR3210 Conduct mechanical processor operations
- FWPCOT2226 Debark logs mechanically
Copies of the final documents that were endorsed by the AISC can be viewed on the project webpage.