Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- 52% OF SOFTWOOD CONSUMPTION IS STRUCTURAL – New data collated and analysed by IndustryEdge suggests Australia consumed 210,185 m3 of Structural Sawn Softwood in October 2018, accounting for just over 52% of total consumption. Check our latest Market News at https://industryedge.com.au/news/
- 7.202 million bdmt – IndustryEdge’s projection of Australia’s woodchip exports for calendar 2018 is 6.3% higher than in 2017
- 314,049 m3 – Australia’s softwood log exports fell 17.2% in October, compared with the prior month
- A$519.60/m3 – Australia’s imports of the main MDF grade were 19.6% higher priced in October than a year earlier. Despite that, import volumes were up 16.0%
- 17,853 – dwelling approvals in October were 11.1% lower than a month earlier, as housing markets cool more rapidly.