Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- Up 10.1% – Australia’s exports of hardwood chips to Taiwan over the year-ended September totalled 397,400 bone dried metric tonnes (bdmt)
- 542,935 bdmt – IndustryEdge’s projection of woodchip exports in November 2018 – eight weeks ahead of the official data and always within 5% of the actual data
- 760,094 m3 – Dressed sawn softwood imports to Australia, over the year-ended September 2018 – up 48.4% on the prior year
- -2.8% – Home loans in Australia fell to 641,000 in total, underscoring softening in the domestic housing market
- 5,318 tonnes – September quarter exports of copy and office papers from Australia were 42% lower than the June quarter as strong local demand played a key role.