Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- Hardwood Chip Exports at Top of Range in March ~ 655,460 bdmt – Australia’s hardwood chip exports were at their third highest monthly level, based on IndustryEdge’s vessel tracking system
- Softwood Log Exports Hit 397,226 m3 in January 2019 – Softwood log export volumes are gradually declining but January saw exports close to 400,000 m3
- MDF imports up 25.9% ~ 143,957 m3 year-ended January 2019 – Imports of MDF lifted sharply over the year-ended January 2019,
- Hardwood Log Exports Rose 34.6% in 2018 ~ 793,130 m3 – Hardwood log exports hit record levels in 2018, up 34.6% on 2017
- Furniture Imports Valued at A$125.5 million, year-ended January 2019 – whether it is kitchens, offices, bedrooms or dining rooms, Australia’s furniture needs are met by increasing imports.