Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- Hardwood Chip Imports – 2.799 million bdmt* in March Quarter – China’s hardwood chip imports down 9.6% on March Quarter 2018
- Vietnam’s Shipments – down 13.7% – at 1.312 million bdmt in the March quarter, at their lowest in six quarters
- Delivered Prices Up Average 11.8% – March Quarter’s average delivered price for Hardwood Chips was USDCif187.52/bdmt
- Australia’s Shipments Plunged – down 20.8% – Australia’s hardwood chip deliveries to China fell to 792,907 bdmt, their lowest level in two years
- Australia’s Average Price Rose Nearly 12% – Hardwood chips from Australia were 11.8% higher priced in March Quarter 2019 compared to a year earlier – averaging USDCif216.66/bdmt.