- 155,059 – approvals of new houses and townhouses for the year to the end of January – accounting for 69.6% of all dwelling approvals.
- 50% – Australia’s unemployment rate in February 2018, underscoring challenges in attracting and maintaining a skilled workforce.
- 320,854 m3 – Australia’s imports of roughsawn softwood for the year-ended January 2018 were more than 37% higher than for the prior year.
- 50% – imports of Oriented Strand Board totalled 49,149 m3 for the year-ended January 2018.
- 34,862 m3 – Australia’s hardwood log exports in January 2018, exported at an average price of AUDFob164.98/m3.
Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products and services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au