A new EY research report titled Megatrends and the Australian Forest and Wood Product Sector was launched at FRAME 2016. Source: Timberbiz
Launched on 23 May by Senator the Hon Anne Ruston, this is an analysis by the global consultancy EY, that shows that the Australian forest and wood products sector has significant opportunities, as well as challenges, in response to the five megatrends identified by CSIRO.
The five megatrends outlined by RIRDC and CSIRO are:
- A hungrier world — population growth driving global demand for food and fibre
- A wealthier world — emergence of a new middle class increasing food consumption
- Choosy customers — information empowered consumers demanding particular ethics, provenance, sustainability or health attributes
- Transformative technologies — advances in food and fibre production and transport
- A bumpier ride — changes resulting from globalisation and a changing climate