Market research has shown that many people do not consider a career in the forest and wood products sector because they don’t anything about it. This campaign will showcase the diverse range of careers within the industry and how real people in real roles are making a difference to their community and to their own lives.
The campaign will focus on five hero’s which include a leading hand, production scheduler, forest carbon specialist, regeneration forester and harvesting manager. These heroes will appear at domestic airport billboards and online as well as in airline magazines and national newspapers.
The advertising will drive jobseekers to a comprehensive careers website- growingcareers.com.au and will feature:
• A searchable database on careers within the industry
• Hot jobs and video case studies
• Education, training and scholarships information
• Summer jobs and internships opportunities
• Employer profiles- Industry will have the opportunity for a dedicated company page to promote organisations within the sector as a potential employer. This will consist of a short company description, logo and a link to the employer’s website.
While it is recognised that some parts of the sector are suffering and are not actively recruiting, this program is about addressing the long-term skills shortage that face the sector and is aimed to help job seekers get a better understanding of the diversity of the sector in terms of employment opportunities, depth of industry and geographical location.
Organisations wanting to be involved by having a dedicated company page at no cost, on growingcareers.com.au, can advertise themselves as a potential employer. Participating companies will be able to provide a short company description, logo and a link to the employer’s website.
For more information or to become involved please contact Melissa Houghton via [email protected] or 0412 811 450.