Cape York Timber is a leading hardwood sawmilling business based at Cooktown in Far North Queensland. We are looking for an energetic and skilled Production Manager. Cape York Timber is a 100% owned indigenous business that is creating economic development and employment opportunities for the Indigenous people of Cape York. Commencing operations in late 2014, the business processes approximately 8,000 cubic metres of high-quality Australian hardwood annually, from predominantly indigenous owned forests. Cape York Timber is a subsidiary of the Cape York Partnership.
The key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all milling operations, including growth potential.
- Working with the Board and Chairman to set the strategic and operational priorities for the business.
- Being responsible for the overall financial performance of the business, including sales performance, cost and capital management.
- Assisting with securing resource supply from indigenous and other private landowners and crown forests.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the work program for the sawmill including log deliveries, sawn production and despatch of sawn timber.
- Continual improvement in the implementation and effectiveness of the Work Health and Safety Plan.
- Oversee the mentoring and training of staff.
- Develop continuous improvement process in production tracking and quality control including analysing production and preparing periodic operational reports.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in shaping logs or wood
- Reads work orders to determine type product to be produced and production schedule.
- Instructs workers on machine setup to meet production requirements.
- Inspects material during and after processing to determine that dimensions and grade meet specifications.
- Directs workers to adjust machine setup or processing procedure to correct defects.
To apply for this job go to: http://cyp.recruitmenthub.com.au / & enter ref code: 4695761.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019
Further details can be obtained from Greg Erwin in the first instance, Phone: 0439 810 888