MGA TMA Timber Merchants Australia
Master Grocers Australia Ltd (MGA) trading as MGA TMA (Timber Merchants Australia), is a national employer organisation providing members with vital back of house support services including Industrial Relations, advocacy and industry representation, industry training and waste and energy reduction solutions.
MGA TMA members from around Australia comprise of independent timber and hardware businesses, timber wholesalers, timber suppliers and many businesses which add value to timber products – all family and privately owned enterprises.
Owing to rapid organisational growth, MGA TMA is seeking to add a team member, in the capacity of National Membership Manager, to further strengthen relationships with current members and industry stakeholders moving rapidly toward growing and expanding the timber and hardware membership network around Australia.
About the Role
Based in the National Support Office in Melbourne and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role will be responsible for Timber and Hardware Membership growth and development through the creation of business and marketing strategies that will enable and secure new members from around Australia.
Working closely with the MGA TMA team, this role will promote all support services to existing and potential members.
The National Membership Manager role will engage with members and industry stakeholders through a number of mediums including face-to-face contact, workshops, seminars, webinars, regular E communiques, industry forums and events.
Duties are, but not limited to
- Together with the President of the MGATMA National Management Committee, lead and drive industry initiatives and advocacy opportunities
- Develop a strategic budget and plan with a clear direction to support current members and further grow membership of MGATMA
- Develop and drive a communications strategy comprising of industry magazines & journals, website, stakeholders’ newsletters, E Alerts and E newsletters
- Engage with industry stakeholders to build Corporate Partnering opportunities
- Represent MGATMA on various industry committees and forums to promote the awareness of issues aligned with the timber and hardware industry
- Assist with State and Federal Government industry representation and advocacy
- Drive circular economy principles by promoting waste and energy solutions to help reduce business costs and avoid landfill
- Coordinate and oversee the annual Fredrick O’Connell Timber Industry Scholarship program
- Experience in the timber and hardware industry is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish strong working relationships
- Strong attention to detail, manage time effectively and able to work autonomously
- Work with agility and harmoniously in a small team environment
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal,
- Proficient in the use of many technology platforms - excellent personal computer skills
- Relevant qualifications in business, marketing or similar area or demonstrate practical experience particularly within timber & hardware sector.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and deploying strategic initiatives in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to grow professional networks, collaboratively interact with staff, members or clients, industry stakeholders and government departments
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to provide support and guidance as part of a team as necessary
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about MGA TMA please visit www.mgatma.com.au
Closing date for applications is Monday 8th March 2021
Please send resume and covering letter to [email protected]