- Full time Fixed Term Contract (potential for extension)
- Highly sought after leadership opportunity
- Immediate start and excellent opportunity for career progression
About the organisation
The Gippsland Forestry Hub (GFH) is an organisation focused on promoting the local Forestry Industry and raising awareness of economic, regulatory and technical issues. The GFH and their Committee of industry representatives work collaboratively with the Federal, State, and Local Governments, along with industry stakeholders, to develop outcome-focussed solutions for the region.
About the role
This new and exciting role offers itself to someone who is driven, shows initiative, and has well established networks with Local Government and Business networks within the community. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing strong and long-lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders for the purposes of linking forestry education and career opportunities within the region. Initially the successful candidate will be required to work from home until a Gippsland located office has been established.
- Facilitate detailed assessments on the priority issues to determine technical solutions and opportunities for growth of the industry.
- Report on the current state of the forest and timber industries in the Gippsland region, the factors limiting growth and what the viable solutions are available.
- Develop, lead, and execute engagement strategies.
- Source and secure funding opportunities.
- Support the delivery of high quality and accurate written reports to the Government and the Board.
- Promote and advocate the forestry industry to attract favourable media coverage.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key local, state, and federal government players and representatives.
- Develop action plans and distribute status reports to the Committee.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential attributes:
- Stakeholder Engagement - Excellent stakeholder manager skills with demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Governance - Sound Knowledge and experience around regulatory governance.
- Communication Strategies - Strong comprehensive, written and oral communication skills combined with high level analytical capability and ability to develop a creative approach.
- Problem Solving Skills - The ability to see the ‘Big Picture’, think laterally, identify hurdles preventing sectoral growth, the ability to provide sustainable solutions.
- Project Management - Consult on and develop project scopes and briefs and manage projects under limited direction, securing resources and planning and coordinating the activities of project members to effectively address issues and meet deadlines.
- Continuous Improvement - Contribute to the continuous quality and service delivery throughout the organisation.
- Minimum 5 years experience within the Forestry Industry
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check (required prior to commencement)
How to apply
To submit your application please visit the GBS Recruitment website via the following link -https://www.gbsrecruitment.com.au/commercial-whitecollar-jobs/general-manager-forestry-and-timber-industry/3109263
When ready hit the Apply Now button and make sure you include a cover letter, a current resume and responses to the key selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
To download a copy of the Position Description please copy and paste the link below or visit the GBS Recruitment Website should you encounter any issues with this link:
https://www.gbsrecruitment.com.au/media/gbs-recruitment/client/Gippsland Forestry Hub/Gippsland Forestry Hub General Manager Position Description.pdf
Applications close: Monday, 28 September at 9am.