FSC International has developed a new guide to assist promotional trademark license holders on how to use the FSC trademarks to promote FSC certified products and related services. The guide aims to provide straightforward, simple advice and is effective from 1 June 2019, and can be used only from this date. Source: Timberbiz
The transition period for this guide is 12 months, starting from 1 June 2019 and ending on 30 June 2020.The FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders was previously known as the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 Requirements for promotional use of the FSC trademarks by non-certificate holders.
This revision aims to present ways of promoting FSC certified products in an easier approach and more visual manner. The main content changes implemented in the revised guide are as follows:
- Introduction of simplified verification of products for promotion;
- Introduction of information on the eligibility for promotional licence;
- Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims and on how to make basic procurement claims;
- Introduction of ecosystems services promotional claims;
- Integration of the Advice Note on the Requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (ADVICE 50-005);
- Introduction of an internal control system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the trademark service provider for approval.
The FSC has also published a crosswalk document that compares the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 with the revised guide to assist stakeholders in reviewing the changes in the guideline.
Responsible Forest Management Australia Limited, trades as FSC Australia, and is now accepting nominations for directors.
Directors are elected for three year terms or fill casual vacancies and are appointed at FSC Australia’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) by its members to be held on 30 May 2019.
The Board is comprised of nine directors, three from each sectoral chamber.
Appointments are staggered and occur yearly, so three positions become available every year with one position per chamber available.
Available positions and current directors can be viewed at: www.au.fsc.org/en-au/about-fsc/fsc-australia-governance/fsc-australia-board-and-officers