The Forest Industry Council (FIC) in Tumut NSW is again offering two scholarships for students
eager to further their studies in forestry.
The Council was formed in 1981 as a platform for industry to advance the stability and prosperity of the forest industry throughout the Southern NSW Region. A further objective is to sponsor programs that are deemed necessary and desirable to further industry and community development.
Scholarships of up to $2000 will again be made available in 2012 for applicants with the following parameters:
· Applicants must be a resident of the South West Slopes and have a demonstrated commitment to the Forest Industry
· Applicants proposals must align with the Objectives of the Forest Industry Council
Applications in the following categories will be considered:
· Direct or indirect costs associated with training in a Forest Industry related field
· Promotion of the Forest Industry in the South West Slopes
· Advancement of learning and skills in the Forest Industry
· Costs associated with Forestry Seminars/travel
· Research in a Forest Industry related field
The application form is available electronically by emailing Megan Arragon at [email protected],
Closing date for applications is 17 February 2012.