Landscape architecture, marketing, carbon and plantations are just some of the topics that will be canvassed in the 2018 IFA/AFG Conference – Forests for healthy cities, farms and people being held in Canberra from 2-5 September. Source: Timberbiz
The variety of speakers and views will appeal not only to professional foresters, but to anyone involved in understanding the links between healthy tree-scapes and healthy people.
Conference chair Professor Peter Kanowski said: “There is a growing understanding across the world of how important urban forests are to our growing cities in a changing climate.
“The diversity of speakers at the conference means that land managers, urban planners, farm foresters and policymakers will all find something of interest at this conference.”
A full list of speakers, with biographies, is available from the IFA website at https://forestry.org.au/ifa/conference-speakers-2018
In addition to speakers already announced such as Fiona Simson, President of the National Farmers Federation, and Kenneth Er, CEO National Parks Board of Singapore, other confirmed speakers include:
- Senator Anne Ruston, Assistant Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources
- James Bulinski, Managing Director of CO2 Australia
- Lyndall Bull, Principal of Lynea Advisory
- Gordon Davis, President of Greening Australia
- Gary Dunning, Executive Director of the Forests Dialogue, Yale University
- Adrian Gray, Victorian President of Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Greg McCormack, President of the Australian Forest Products Association
“The Conference has very broad appeal and the breadth of professionals already registered will add significant depth to the panel discussions,” said Peter.
Registration information at: https://forestry.org.au/ifa/register-now
Earlybird registration has been extended