The effective management of mechanised harvesting is critical for success to both forest owners and machine owners. It is more important now than ever before to identify and minimise every inefficient aspect of an operation.
International experience in forest harvesting and in related industries has shown significant savings can be made by using onboard computers to get expensive equipment working more effectively. This free workshop series will introduce a guide to the selection and implementation of onboard computer technology for forest operations. The guide has been developed from field experience and case studies undertaken in partnership with forest machine owners and forest managers in Australia.
The workshop will provide:
• an overview of the types of onboard computer systems
• advice on identifying which system is best suited to your needs
• guidance on applying onboard technology effectively to achieve your objectives
• easy and effective solutions to common pitfalls and challenges encountered in implementing onboard systems
• examples of how different onboard systems have been applied in real operations
All attendees will receive a free copy of the selection and implementation guide.
Who should attend?
• Harvest planners
• Harvest operations managers
• Operations supervisors
• Machine suppliers / service providers
Dates and locations:
Friday 18 March, Launceston, TAS, Country Club Tasmania (7:30 to 9:00 hot breakfast, 9:00 to 12:00 workshop)
Monday 21 March, Albany, WA, Dog Rock Motel (8:45 to 12:00 workshop, 12:00 to 13:30 lunch)
Tuesday 22 March, Bunbury, WA, All Seasons Sanctuary Golf Resort (8:45 to 12:00 workshop, 12:00 to 13:30 lunch)
Thursday 24 March, Mt. Gambier, SA, Commodore on the Park (8:45 to 12:00 workshop, 12:00 to 13:30 lunch)
Friday 25 March, Traralgon, VIC, Quality Inn Latrobe Convention Centre (8:45 to 12:00 workshop, 12:00 to 13:30 lunch)
Tuesday 29 March, Tumut, NSW, Riverina TAFE Tumut Campus (8:45 to 12:00 workshop, 12:00 to 13:30 lunch)
Registration to attend
Location you plan to attend:
Launceston, TAS Albany, WA
Bunbury, WA Mt. Gambier, SA
Traralgon, VIC Tumut, NSW
Fax: Mark Brown (03) 5321 4166
Email: [email protected]