Every month, IndustryEdge publishes Wood Market Edge, Australia’s only forestry and wood products market and trade analysis, and supplies its customers with hundreds of unique data products, advisory and consulting services. Find out more at www.industryedge.com.au
- Softwood log exports – Down 6.4% – Australia’s softwood log exports declined to 4.160 million m3 in 2018, down 6.4% on 2017
- Hardwood chip export record – 6.666 million bone dry tonnes – Australia’s hardwood chip exports in 2018 were 6.2% higher than in 2017
- Sawn softwood export record – Australia’s imports of sawn softwood products lifted 44.0% over 2018, to reach a record total 1.126 million m3
- Hardwood log export record –791,130 m3 – Hardwood log exports hit record levels in 2018, up 34.2% on 2017
- Chinese pulp prices decline – USD670/t – After hitting record highs in 2018, the price of Bleached Eucalypt Kraft (BEK) pulp fell sharply in November and December. Australia’s hardwood chips are mainly used in BEK pulp.